Eating “Skills” vs Dieting
If you had to grade yourself today – right now! – on your eating and nutrition skills, would you get an A, B, C … or …? (haha: I’m talking about “healthy” eating here, for the record.)
Most of us think of nutrition as something we should just automatically KNOW about …… or we even label them as virtues.
I can’t even count how many times clients have told me they have been “good” or “bad” when it comes to food.
A few more learnable skills (obviously this depends on your goals & lifestyle):
- Finding 3-4 breakfast options that taste great and keep you filled up till lunchtime
Knowing how to meal prep during busy weeks
- Protein: understanding how to make sure you’re getting enough for your goals
- Veggies: finding ways to work them into your meals (most of us don’t eat enough of them!)
- Getting great at once-weekly grocery shopping (& streamlining it so you can get in and out fast)
- Discovering snacks that satisfy you AND don’t derail your progress
Taking time to master these kinds of eating skills vs dieting will move you closer to your goals … and give you a foundation that will last you a lifetime.